30 days of Nettle Leaf (Urtica Dioica) infusion!
Use 1oz (30g) (2 handfuls) of dried plant matter (nettle in this case) in a quart jar. Fill the jar to the top with boiling water, put the lid on and let it steep for a minimum of four hours at room temperature. (Overnight is appropriate). When ready strain and squeeze out. Compost the herb. Drink the liquid, 2 cups daily. Drink at either room temperature iced or heated. Keep refrigerated. NB once prepared the infusion lasts only 2 days.
Prepare infusions in quart canning jar with a tight lid to prevent the volatile essences and vitamins from escaping. Also these jars are convenient to carry around with you.
Long steeping allow for the extraction of chlorophyll, vitamins and minerals. Steeping in a closed jar prevents the water soluble vitamins from escaping in the steam.
- Rebuilds adrenal glands (which coffee drinkers over stress)As a general rule drink at least 1 cup more herbal infusion than coffee!!
- Strengthens the kidneys
- Mineral/Vitamin Rich, Including Vit. K an anti Hemorrhage ingredient
- Good for people with anemia or mal-nutrition
- Strengthening to the body after surgery
- Helps eliminate fatigue and exhaustion. A great herbal ally for people with CFS and other compromised immunity diseases.
- An ally in many chronic conditions include allergies and nerve inflammations (sciatica)
- Good for adults or children who have over-used antibiotics and tend to get sick easily.
- Hair and skin nourisher
In order to participate comment by saying! "I am on the road to better health!" and begin the challenge. At the end of the month let us know if you have experienced and health changes and start on the next months challenge and so on. At the end of 12 months I will put all monthly participants name in a hat and draw a prize! So the more months you participate in the better your chance of winning. Prize yet to be decided!