I thought I would take the time today to profile one of the courses in the "DIY Distance Learning series". It is the one that receives the most praise and enthusiasm again and again" It is also the most recent one so perhaps many of you do not know about it.
Creative, Tasty and Nourishing Medicine Making
for the Beginner Student!
This course is for you if you are a homesteader or homestead wanna be!, urban dwellers and rural farmers both, crafters who dream of shelves of bottles and jars filled with herbs and potions, alchemy and magic, for the stay at home mom who wants to nourish her family, for the life long student curious to try something new... for anyone that wants add a little colour and creativity to your kicthen! Learning to create your own herbal medicines at home is both empowering and eye-opening. Herbs are magical but preparing and using them doesn't have to be mystical. These are recipes you will use again and again!
Here's what you'll learn:
-Water Based Preparations (infusions (hot/cold), decoctions, medicinal baths, compresses, formentations, mouthwashes, inhalants)
- Alcohol based preparations (tinctures; maceration,percolation & spagyric methods)
- Oil Based Preparations: Oils, Liniments, Salves, Cremes
- Acetates, Glycerites and honeys
- Understanding interactions of plant phytochemicals to make better medicine
- Recognizing and assessing the quality of dried herbs, Choosing the appropriate form of the remedy
- The importance of effective record keeping
- Terminology and definitions
- Equipment needed for creating herbal preparations
- Principles of Ethical Harvesting
- Basic Herbal First Aid remedies
- Intro to Food as Medicine, Herbal Nourishment
- Learn to your own body care products
- How to Grow (your own) Medicine!
Through out the course you will receive individual mentorship while cultivating plant wisdom and meeting your wise woman within.** You will also receive bonus inspirational material, poetry, meditations, recipes and resources to aid you in your study**Making your own medicines at home adds opportunity for creativity, beauty, nourishment and richness to an ordinary day, more blessings to be thankful for...as your olfactory senses are stimulated it helps the brain register more happiness!
You can start this 12 module on line program anytime! and work at your own pace though we recommend one module every 2 weeks.
Course fee $250
"I've taken several correspondence courses and non so fun as this one! Once a month I turn my kitchen into a magical herb apothecary and make all kinds of medicines and potions. This course has reminded me stop, breathe and take care of my needs! as a stay at home mom of 3 a lesson I needed to learn. My daily routine now includes teas, meditaion and plant study! This course helped me introduce my family to a healthy lifestyle that we will be living for many years to come! So much gratitude to the plants and our lifelong friends at Blazing Star Herbal School!" Rena from PA
These are the ways of our grandmothers, the ancient ones. The joy of life is the give- away. You are the center of your universe. You are the axis, life's matrix, the still point in the ever-moving. The designs of the universe radiate through you. You are god, goddess, unique and whole.
- Susan Weed